Prepare for Arrival
1. Where can I get more information about applying for a study permit?
To study in Canada you are required to apply for a study permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Apply for your permit here and be aware of the processing times.
2. What information can UBC provide about being an international student?
Take a look at UBC's International Student Guide to get information on immigration, taxes, health insurance, working in Canada and more.
1. When do I have to arrive on campus?
Your orientation program, Jump Start, begins on August 20, 2017. Please plan to arrive in Vancouver by Saturday, August 19, 2017 to begin the program. Please note the following details about Jump Start:
- If you are living in on-campus housing, you will not be required to register and the cost of Jump Start will be included in your housing fees.
- If you will not be living in on-campus housing, you will need to register and pay for the program yourself here.
2. Where can I find more information about Jump Start?
Take a look at Jump Start's frequently asked questions here.
3. Does the university provide an airport pick-up service?
Vantage College is offering complimentary transportation for students from Vancouver International Airport to UBC Residence on August 21. Students can fill out our survey to indicate when they will be arriving Vancouver, so that we can accommodate their arrival. The survey will also be emailed directly to students, at the email address on file in the UBC SSC portal. You can also access the survey here.
4. What should I bring with me?
For more information about what to bring and pack, please visit this page.
1. Do I have to live in on-campus housing?
Staying in on-campus residence at UBC is mandatory for Vantage College students. If you wish to be exempted from this requirement, you must contact the Academic Director directly here.
2. When do I have to apply for on-campus housing?
You must apply for Winter Session residence by May 1, 2017. Take a look at all the housing deadlines here.
3. Which student residence will I be staying in?
4. How do I pay for on-campus housing?
Depending on which residence you are assigned, fees will vary. You can view more details about how to make your housing payment here.
1. How much tuition am I expected to pay for Vantage College?
The approximate tuition costs for Vantage College are $43,643*. You can find a more detailed breakdown of the fees and deadlines here.
2. What about the rest of my living costs?
You can get a clearer idea of your estimated living costs* here.
3. Can I defer my admission offer?
Under certain circumstances, UBC Vantage College will consider granting a one-year deferral on an offer of admission. If you wish to request a deferral, please fill out the form located here and contact us at email@example.com.
4. Is my admission deposit refundable?
The $3000 admission deposit is non-refundable, and will be applied to your first-term tuition payment. In the case of student visa rejections, refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
*All costs are in Canadian dollars and subject to change.