PREPARING FOR YOUR SEPTEMBER TERM ONLINE WITH UBC
This September, all Vantage One programs will be offered online to adhere to physical distancing and other public health requirements to ensure your health and safety. The covid19.ubc.ca is still the main information source for UBC's approach towards health and safety in response to COVID-19. UBC is also providing various forms of support, and the Keep Learning website offers resources and tips to help you learn effectively, get to know online teaching technologies used at UBC and also take care of yourself while learning online. Despite the changes in our delivery, we remain committed to providing you with the enriched educational experience you would expect from UBC.
- Your health and safety is our number one concern. UBC will continue to take guidance from provincial authorities, and we will resume classes on campus when it is safe to do so. Decisions about the format of instruction for Winter Term 2 will be provided at a later date and we will continue to prioritize student health and safety.
- We also want to assure you that you will be able to complete the full version of your Vantage One program online. This means you will be able to transition into the second year at UBC in September 2021 without delay once you have successfully completed the Vantage One program.
Important action for incoming Vantage One Students:
Throughout the summer, we will be sending regular emails to all Vantage One students with updates, and notices about action items you should address prior to beginning your studies in September. Please make sure that you have the most up to date email in your Student Service Centre, as this will be the primary email that UBC will communicate with you. If you missed any of our summer communications, don't worry, they are still accessible using the links below this box.
Please note, the most recent newsletters are considered to be the most reliable from the links below (Updated July 16, 2020):
- July 3rd Update
- June 29th Update
- June 25th Update
- June 18th Update - ARTS - Engineering - SCIENCE
- June 11th Update
- Apply for your study permit as soon as possible. When the provincial health authority announces that it is safe for classes to resume on campus, you will want to make sure that all of your documents are ready to go! Visit the UBC Study permit web-page to learn about the procedure
- Register for courses - You'll be able to find your registration date and time by logging into the SSC and selecting Registration > Course Schedule > Program. Course registration for first-year students begin on June 30, and you will be notified of your individual registration start date and time. While you will receive detailed instructions on how to register for your courses before registration begins, please be aware that you will be registering for a Standard Timetable (STT). A Standard Timetable is a pre-planned timetable which incorporates a suite of courses that are required to complete your Vantage One program. If you would like to take a look at the courses you will take as part of your program, please review our Program Overview.
- With all classes now moving online for Winter Session Term 1, UBC Housing has specific updates in regards to the COVID-19 to account for this. Stay up to date on messaging from the UBC Housing team.
- Vantage One's academic advising team is fully functioning online, and they will be there to support your academic journey as you begin your studies at UBC. You will also be welcomed by your Orientation Leaders and Peer Mentors, upper-year UBC students who have gone through the Vantage One program, and are excited to share their own experiences with you, and be a part of your peer support network. To connect with your Vantage One program advisor, click one of the following links to take you directly to your Vantage One advisor's contact page: Science, Arts, Engineering