New student checklist
Applying to UBC's Vantage One program but unsure if you've completed everything?
Read our ultimate student checklist, for a list of everything you need to do before arriving.
- Check the admission requirements — make sure you're eligible for UBC's Vantage One program before you apply.
- Apply for your position in the Vantage One program — you can do this via UBC's Student Service Centre. Don't forget to pay the non-refundable application fee, too.
- Apply for student housing — all Vantage students have the option to live on campus, which we highly recommend in your first year of study.
- Submit your required documents — you will be emailed information on which supporting documents to submit, such as test scores or academic transcripts.
- Apply for scholarships or awards, if applicable — if you're eligible for any Vantage One scholarships or awards, ensure your application is submitted before the given deadline.
ONCE YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED
- Accept your offer — to reserve your spot, you must formally accept your offer and pay your non-refundable $3000 CAD deposit.
- Accept your housing offer — if you've applied for campus accommodation, you will be emailed a housing offer some time after. You must formally accept the offer via the SSC portal in order to confirm your placement.
- Apply for a study permit — as an international student, you will need a valid post-secondary study permit to attend UBC Vantage College.
- Register for your courses — log into UBC's Student Service Centre and register for a Vantage Standard Timetable (STT) to secure your first preferences.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Book your flight — if you haven't booked your flight already, you will need to arrive at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) on August 25, 2018.
- Download our 'Arrivals' app — we've created the 'Vantage Pre-Arrival App', packed with useful advice and information to help you prepare for life at UBC and the Vantage One program.
- Register for the airport to campus transfer — UBC Vantage College is offering free transportation for students from Vancouver International Airport to their UBC Residence.