New student checklist
Applying to UBC's Vantage One program but unsure if you've completed everything?
Read our ultimate student checklist, for a list of everything you need to do before arriving.
- Check the admission requirements — make sure you're eligible for UBC's Vantage One program before you apply.
- Apply for your position in the Vantage One program — you can do this via UBC's Student Service Centre. Don't forget to pay the non-refundable application fee, too.
- Apply for student housing — all UBC Vantage College students must apply for on-campus residence.
- Submit your required documents — you will be emailed information on which supporting documents to submit, such as test scores or academic transcripts.
- Apply for scholarships or awards, if applicable — if you're eligible for any Vantage One scholarships or awards, ensure your application is submitted before the given deadline.
ONCE YOU'VE BEEN ACCEPTED
- Accept your offer — to reserve your spot, you must formally accept your offer and pay your non-refundable $3000 CAD deposit.
- Accept your housing offer — once you've applied for campus accommodation, you will be emailed a housing offer some time after. You must formally accept the offer via the SSC portal in order to confirm your placement.
- Apply for a study permit — as an international student, you will need a valid post-secondary study permit to attend UBC Vantage College.
- Register for your courses — log into UBC's Student Service Centre and register for a Vantage Standard Timetable (STT) to secure your first preferences.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- Book your flight — if you haven't booked your flight already, you will need to arrive at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) on August 20, 2017.
- Download our 'Arrivals' app — we've created the 'Vantage Pre-Arrival App', packed with useful advice and information to help you prepare for life at UBC and the Vantage One program.
- Register for the airport to campus transfer — UBC Vantage College is offering free transportation for students from Vancouver International Airport to their UBC Residence on August 20, 2017. To make use of this survey, fill out our survey to indicate when you will be arriving, which will be emailed directly to students in July.